No-one gets married thinking they will get a divorce or get separated. Sadly, over 50% of marriages end in divorce. The process of divorce or separation can upend your world in more ways than one.
- You may no longer be able to trust your former partner
- You find yourself having to negotiate or argue about how your children spend their time, what activities they will be attending, how things will be paid for, and on and on
- What was once your home may become a house that now needs to be divided
- In the midst of the turmoil you want to be emotionally available for your children (whether young or grown), yet you barely can keep it together yourself
- What you once knew, no longer exists or is no longer true
As you go through a divorce, you do the things that help you get through the divorce – you hire a lawyer and/or a mediator. Another person you need in your corner is a sounding board. I offer to give you the strength and support you need to make healthy and sound decisions during these tough times. I can support you by:
- Making you aware of your triggers and those of your former spouse
- Providing you with perspective and helping you keep your emotions in balance
- Helping you gain insight into what you really want and how to move your life forward
- Working on your communication skills.
If these are things you’d like to get support and work on, contact me to schedule an appointment.